Sunday, December 30, 2007

So I was thinkin' about Emily?

I decided to search the other residence for an Emily or Permelia in the 1850 census. I found Elily Olmstead (pretty close to get one wondering, huh) who may be the daughter of Melissa and William Olmstead. I could not find her in later census. Problem is that she is ten in 1850, making her birth circ 1839/1840. This is a five to ten year age difference depending on which census you're looking at for Emily.

My mom got pretty excited and woke up at 7 a.m. this morning to copy a bunch of records she and her sister had located back in the early 90's, when the sole method of research meant getting into your car and driving to the source, ie Libraries, County records offices. Luckily she was living in Kansas at the time. I happened to call as she was getting ready to go to Post Office and she was pretty happy to be reminded that its Sunday. So, in about four days I should have scads of new material to play with, whoopee!

No comments: